Are you responsible for a commercial property or a commercial / residential property portfolio? Or are you an architect, specifier, commercial end user, engineer, contractor or consultant seeking to learn more about solar PV or battery storage?
If so you many be interested in our FREE CPD accredited training courses.
At our office
We run scheduled training at our office in Reading, Berkshire. The next scheduled courses are on Wednesday July 11th and Monday August 6th, as follows:
- 9.15 am - 10.15 am: Solar PV.
- 10.45.am - 11.45 am: Battery Storage.
We can be flexible on timings dependent on individual attendee requirements.
At your offices
If you have a small group of people looking for training, within an 80 mile radius of Reading, we can come to you.
If you are more than 80 miles from Reading, please still get in touch as we should be able to offer the training, although we may ask for a contribution to travel expenses.
Training typically take place over lunch time and lasts approximately one hour.
How much does it cost?
We do not charge for the training, and what's more, if you come to us, or we go to you, as long as you are within an 80 mile radius of Reading we come to you so it's easy for you and ABSOLUTELY FREE!
Solar PV Design & Installation – A Practical Guide
This course provides an introductory overview of practical design and installation of solar PV. Increase your knowledge at the design stage to avoid pitfalls later and ensure smooth integration with rest of the building works.
The course covers:
- PV basics - how solar PV works, calculating annual output from a system, Feed-in Tariffs.
- PV equipment - panels, inverters, power optimisers, mounting systems for flat and sloping roofs, building integrated PV, surge protection, export limitation.
- System design.
- Pre-installation approvals - DNO, planning etc.
- Installation - timelines, practical considerations.
- Maintenance and support.
- Market developments.
Residential and Commercial Battery Storage Systems
This course provides up-to-date information on the fast changing world of energy storage, as applied in domestic properties and commercial organisations.
The course covers:
- Applications of storage.
- Technologies - inverter / charger brands, all-in-one energy storage systems, battery chemistries, battery brands. Evaluation of efficiency, life cycles, safety etc.
- An economic perspective - savings, lifetime cost per kWh, performance with solar PV.
- Using storage for back-up.
- Off-grid systems.
Both courses are CPD accredited (see https://cpduk.co.uk/ and search for Spirit Energy) and certificates will be issued.