Are you an architect, specifier, engineer, contractor or consultant seeking to learn more about solar PV or battery storage? If so you many be interested in our FREE training courses.
Training typically take place over lunch time and lasts approximately one hour.
We do not charge for the training, and what's more, as long as you are within an 80 mile radius of Reading we come to you so it's easy for you and ABSOLUTELY FREE! If you are more than 80 miles from Reading, please still get in touch as we should be able to offer the training, although we may ask for a contribution to travel expenses.
Our courses are as follows:
Solar PV Design & Installation – A Practical Guide
This course provides an introductory overview of practical design and installation of solar PV. Increase your knowledge at the design stage to avoid pitfalls later and ensure smooth integration with rest of the building works.
The course covers:
- PV basics - how solar PV works, calculating annual output from a system, Feed-in Tariffs.
- PV equipment - panels, inverters, power optimisers, mounting systems for flat and sloping roofs, building integrated PV, surge protection, export limitation.
- System design.
- Pre-installation approvals - DNO, planning etc.
- Installation - timelines, practical considerations.
- Maintenance and support.
- Market developments.
Residential and Commercial Battery Storage Systems
This course provides up-to-date information on the fast changing world of energy storage, as applied in domestic properties and commercial organisations.
The course covers:
- Applications of storage.
- Technologies - inverter / charger brands, all-in-one energy storage systems, battery chemistries, battery brands. Evaluation of efficiency, life cycles, safety etc.
- An economic perspective - savings, lifetime cost per kWh, performance with solar PV.
- Using storage for back-up.
- Off-grid systems.
Our Battery Storage Course is hot-off-the-press and undergoing accreditation. However we already have consultants on the list for it. To find our Solar PV course on the CPD website, visit https://cpduk.co.uk/ and search for Solar PV.